TR6 Shifter Knob Size?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Shifter Knob Size?
From: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:12:51 -0700 (PDT)
Getting closer to the end on my TR6 resto project and am now focused on making
a new shifter knob. When I bought the TR, it had no shift knob at all and the
threads were twisted off the shift stick. I've repaired the stick with a piece
of 5/16-16 threaded rod welded to the end of the stick. I now have a nice hunk
of walnut chucked in the lathe to turn my own but I have no dimensional
reference.

  Is there anyone on the list that has a sketch or would mind taking some
dimensions of their existing shifter knob?

  Any help is appreciated!

  Thanks!
  Ron W.
  71TR6- after 2 years, chassis at the body shop for body fitting (yee-hah!)