RE: Still no charge

To: "Chris Lummis" <chris.lummis@sympatico.ca>
Subject: RE: Still no charge
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:30:55 -0700
        Chris:

        Looking at my wiring diagram, it would seem more likely that in
removing the alternator connection at the battery you disturbed one of
the other connections. Depending on the year of your car, there are a
couple of different connections at the battery junction that if
disturbed would result in a no-start condition.
        You were fortunate that it didn't start. In my experience
running the engine with the alternator disconnected will likely result
in failure of one or more alternator diodes, and thus a permanent
"no-charge" condition.

        Vance