RE: brake fluid (2)

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, SamuelsMA@aol.com
Subject: RE: brake fluid (2)
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 17:39:30 -0600
>===== Original Message From SamuelsMA@aol.com =====
>My question is:  Is the small front reservoir section supposed to
>communicate with the larger rear section, but mine is plugged?  Or are the
sections
>supposed to be separate?  If they are supposed to be separate,  why?  On my
>Porsche and on my son's Jetta, there is just one compartment  for both front
and
>rear.

Can't say why specifically, but they are seperated. Other than helping you
specify a front to rear problem your guess is as good as mine.

>A second question:  I put in new Green Stuff pads today.  I  retracted the
>pistons by opening the bleed valve and using Vice Grips.   Worked fine, but
the
>teeth on the Vice Grips look like they could really damage  the caliper
seals.
> They didn't, but there must be a better method.   Ideas?

I've used C-clamps for this. Nice flat surface on both side of the clamping
surfaces.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)