RE: Running Rich

To: "'Cary Henry'" <caryhenry@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Running Rich
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:59:48 -0400
Just had the same problem. After replacing the floats, checking the float
height, it ended up being a loosened grose jet.  I figured that out because
I ordered a replacement and was about to install it and discovered the old
one wasn't tightened down on the washer.  As a result fuel was literally
pouring into the float chamber non-stop.  Tightened that up, re-adjusted the
needles because I had fiddled with them thinking they were the problem, and
viola!... Problem solved.  I'd suggest checking the floats and then the
jets, sometimes a piece of schmutz gets in there and prevents them from
closing.

Cheers,
Blake Discher
We're at it again!  Fifty British car owners will be driving their vintage
British cars through Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky, in the 2006 America's
British Reliability Run to raise money for kids with diabetes.  Please visit
<http://abrr.org/> to learn more about the run. Thank you!

  I can even see gas puddling in the intake when I open the carbs.  Does
anyone have any other suggestions before I start tearing apart the carbs?