Re: Disappearing brake fluid

To: johncnorth@gmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Disappearing brake fluid
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:56:57 -0400
 John,

 Yes, that is most likely where it is going, into the servo. And, yes, it is
time for a rebuild or MC replacement. From my experience, I just dumped the
fluid out, checked the inside of the servo, which looked great inside, cleaned
the inside with soap and water, dried well, coated lightly with WD-40 then
reinstalled. I tried to rebuild the MC but my bore was pitted right under the
tipping valve and it didnt work so I ended up having to buy a new MC. Since
then the brakes have been wonderful. I would suggest taking the MC apart and
inspecting the bore before purchasing a rebuild kit. You may not be able to
rebuild the MC and if so you would save the cost of a rebuild kit.

 Aaron
    Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
 http://www.triumphowners.com/108