Re: Damper Woes

To: "Saul W. Adelman" <sadelman@woh.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Damper Woes
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:01:06 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 11 May 2006, Saul W. Adelman wrote:

> I am rebuilding the motor with a mechanic and we got to the point of
> installing the damper. But the problem is that we can't find it. We are
> going to search again high and low. So, in anticipation of not finding the
> damper that came off the TR6 before it went to the machine shop, I am
> seeking advice about who should I have rebuild one if (and when) I can find
> a used one.  And I guess I need the one with the 1-2 inch pulley which
> apparently are very hard to find.
>

> So if you have a recommendation for rebuilding a damper I would appreciate
> it.

Don't forget that you can buy these new. I got one from Moss (or was it
APT???) about three years ago. Not free (over $175), but NEW.

This is a part that you should not skimp on.

BTW, I've got several used ones that need new rubber if you get desperate.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx