RE: Handbrake cable to long?

To: "Feickert" <Feickert@charter.net>, <owner-6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Handbrake cable to long?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 07:42:41 -0700
        Carl:

        The cable goes over the frame.

        It seems too long probably because you have not yet adjusted the
rear brakes. The adjuster is the small square headed bolt on the bottom
inside of the brake drum. While turning the drum, tighten this bolt
until you cannot turn the drum, then back off until the drum just begins
to turn freely.

        After you adjust both drums, I think you will find the hand
brake cable is the correct length.

        Vance