Re: Bullet Mirrors

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bullet Mirrors
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:44:41 -0700
John---The driver's side mirror should have the full range necessary to
see what's beside/behind you. Note that the center screw can be loosened
enough to give plenty of adjustment swing and twist.

The passenger side is another story. While mostly decorative, they can
be made useful by replacing the mirror with one that is slightly convex,
like many of the new cars "may be closer than..." kind. A quick fix
would be to use a large, stick-on mirror, available at most auto parts
stores.
Before drilling holes in the door for the passenger side mirror,
position it to get the best rearward advantage from the driver's seat.
This will be slightly cocked from the angle of the mirror on the driver'
side.

Dick

From: jmitch@snet.net(John Mitchell

  Are any of the various bullet mirrors out there any better at
being able to see anything. I have the repros from TRF and I can kind of
use the left but the right mirror is all but useless. Thanks for any
help. John Mitchell   76 TR6