Exhaust

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust
From: samuelsma@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:37:46 -0400
Listers:

The last couple of days with posts about exhaust systems have got me wondering:
 Does the benefit of a free-flow exhaust system increase if the upstream
components are modified?  To be specific, my '76 has K&N air filters, "bowl
work," 9.5:1 compression, headers, and a lightened flywheel.  The exhaust
system looks stock to me.  I like the sound of the stock system.  Should I
change the muffler because free flow will be even more important in my
situation?  Can I change the muffler only, without installing a completely new
system?

Thanks.

Michael
CF 57044U