RE: Spin on filter o-ring size?

To: 6 Pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Spin on filter o-ring size?
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:31:16 -0600
The last time I needed an o-ring for that location I walked into the local
NAPA (it's only two blocks from my house) and asked for a canister filter for
a TR6. The "Gold" version of the canister filter has a very nice square
section o-ring that has not leaked since. That was five years ago. I also
needed the o-ring quickly (I still have the canister filter) so I did pay a
premium for just using the o-ring. Otherwise I usually source o-rings from a
local Bearing Supply company. I had to ask around to find it, it wasn't in the
yellow pages under o-rings. :o) Sorry to say.

Shawn

>===== Original Message From Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com> =====
>Has anyone ever replaced the rubber o-ring found
>inside the spin on oil filter adapter?  Where did you
>get it and what's the size?

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)