Re: ignition interlock buzzer

To: <j.honor@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: ignition interlock buzzer
From: "Jeff Fetner" <fetnerj001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:04:28 -1000
  One purpose of the interlock brain-box is to let power go to the starter
relay only if seat belts are fastened for occupied seats (it also buzzes for
key-in-ignition and door-is-open I think).  The mid-70's era electronics in
it have probably fried and lost their ability to enforce whatever good
intentions they were originally supposed to.  You can just unplug the round
12-pin connector, jumper pins 11 & 12, and leave it unplugged.  I did - not
a problem since.

Jeff