Re: Dash Lighting

To: "Bob Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Dash Lighting
From: "Jeff Fetner" <fetnerj001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:33:29 -1000
Bob,

  In theory, when the rheostat/dimmer is in the full bright position, the
bulbs get full voltage and are as bright as their 2.2 watts can get.  In
practice, there could be internal corrosion in the dimmer that cuts the
power going to the bulbs.  Also, the 'full bright' spot is just before
'lights out' position as you turn the dimmer; I have to be precise when I
turn to full bright (which I leave it on).
  The dimmer for '73 and later was a different 'printed circuit' affair and
seems prone to failure.  The by-pass will get them as bright as they can be,
assuming that the connections along the circuit and at the fusebox are
clean.  Cheers.

Jeff
'74 & '74.5