Re: Aluminum Flywheel - a bit more info that I should have

To: S Mann <quicksilver_rising@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Aluminum Flywheel - a bit more info that I should have
From: Mitch Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:31:16 -0400
Scott,

I have used a Fidanza aluminum flywheel for about 4 years. The wheel
weighed 11 or 12 lbs with the ring gear. Idle characteristics are the
same. Acceleration & throttle response is noticeably better. As far as
I'm concerned there is no down side. Cutting both the rotational &
static weight on the end of the crankshaft can only be a good thing from
what I have read. Shifts are lighter & smoother.

For a show car little is to be gained, but if it's not an economic
decision , and your goal is to improve the car, than I would say it's
money well spent.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.