Re: MSD6-A ignition and sparkplug gap

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MSD6-A ignition and sparkplug gap
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 14:44:31 -0700
 Richard---I run with a .040 gap in either the Bosch or Champ plugs with
my MSD. more gap may be possible, but the angle of the ground electrode
on the plug should be at a right angle to the center electrode. Bending
for more gap would take more corrective work than (I think) it's worth.

If you have the thin wire Bosch center electrode, I can't help. (I tried
them some years ago with no success...misfires)

Dick
From: rsh17@msn.com(Richard Seaton)

I'm curious as to what sort of spark plug gaps people might be using
with the MSD6A ignition. I'm using the Bosch Platinum plugs (dont' have
the number handy, but recomended replacement for the Champions) w/ the
stock gap of 0.025". It is recomended to open the gap up by 0.005"
increments, but how is one to tell when the increase in gap is right? I
ain't got a clue as what to look for.
An help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Tia,
Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com