Installation of gear box cover and stereo power source

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Installation of gear box cover and stereo power source
From: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 12:04:08 -0500
I'm going to be installing a new plastic gear box cover and drive shaft cover
this weekend (both from TRF) along with
new carpet and heat shielding.  I could have sworn there was a thread the other
day with tips on installing the covers,
but I can't seem to find it in the archives (and why I didn't save them, I
don't know!).  Would the person who brought
that up the other day mind zipping me some of the responses they received?
Since I'm going to have the transmission
rebuilt in the future, I want to install everything in a way that makes it easy
to remove the cover at a later point
but still provides a good sound and water seal.

While I'm at it - I'm also going to install a stereo if I have a chance.
Although there wasn't one in the car when I
bought it, it appears to have had one at some point.  I was wondering if anyone
could tell me if there is an unused
wire in that mess behind the dash that I could use or will I have to run a new
wire?

John V.
74 1/2 TR6
Get a job that lets you "analyze" or "evaluate" something as opposed to
actually "doing" something.  When you evaluate
something you get to criticize the works of others.  If you "do" something,
other people get to criticize you.

Scott Adams
The Dilbert Principle