RE: Headlights

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Headlights
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 01:16:52 -0400
Glenn,

The new H6024TV sealed beam may be a very good choice - especially since it
draws less current than the other bulbs and is supposed to be do a better
job of lighting the way.

Here are the specs on sealed beam headlamps for the TR6:

Original bulb #6014, High beam 60W, low beam 50W

Halogen replacement H6024, High beam 65W, low beam 40W

Brite Light halogen H6024BL, High beam 65W, low beam 55W

True View sealed beam H6024TV, High beam 65W, low beam 35W

I have been running the H6024BL lamps on stock wiring for years without any
problems. Figuring amperage based on 13.5V and rounding up, total high beam
draw from both headlamps roughly is:

6014 = 16.29A
H6024 = 15.5A
H6024BL = 17.75A
H6024TV = 15A

Please let us know if you decide to give the True View lamps a go.

Rick Patton
http://sidedrafttbi.com/