Body Shimming Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Body Shimming Question
From: "Cary Henry" <caryhenry@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:47:30 -0400
Ok, so I am ready to drop the body on my freshly restored chassis.  When on
the old frame, my door's had a 0.375" gap at the top and a 0.125" gap at the
bottom.  There were two shims used at the rear with no steel plate, and two
shims used at the front with 0.125" steel plate.  I was thinking to even the
gap, I should use 3 shims with steel plate at the rear, and two shims with
steel plate at the front.  Does this sound about right to everyone?