Need Front Suspension Disassembly Advice

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need Front Suspension Disassembly Advice
From: "Robert Breazeale" <RobertBreazeale@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:41:34 -0800
Happy Thanksgiving weekend to everyone!

I'm beginning to rebuild the front suspension on my 250.  I need some advice
on some dis-assembly issues I'm having.

First is: what is the best way to remove the old tie rod end from the tie rod
lever?  I already have it removed from the steering arm.  Seems is is either
original or very old, and the tie rod end is practically fused to the tie rod
lever threads.

Second is: There are four bolts that hold the caliper mounting plate to the
steering arm and vertical link.  Three of the bolts have nuts, the fourth does
not it just threads into the vertical link.  My problem is that there is a
curved spring type of retainer behind the bolts which is in the way of getting
either a socket or open ended wrench on the bolt - how in the dickens do you
get this forth bolt out?

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend, and enjoying their cars.

I appreciate any and all help.  - Robert -

Robert Breazeale
Folsom, California
'68 TR250 CD1553L