Re: Spark Plug Heat Range

To: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>,
Subject: Re: Spark Plug Heat Range
From: <trinitygadget@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 7:40:25 -0600
With performance increases, you want a plug that will dissipate the greater
amount of heat of combustion faster, i.e., a colder plug. My engine is warmed
over with a 9.5:1 CR and an Isky cam, so I installed RN9YC Champions.  I doubt
BL had this in mind when they recommended the 12Y for pre-73 TR's as the 72 had
a fairly anemic CR of 7.75:1.  Perhaps as others have suggested it was chosen
for emissions purposes.  I recommend RN9YC (or other brand equivalent) for your
application.

Rick O.
72 TR6