Stuck Trailing Arm Bolt

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stuck Trailing Arm Bolt
From: "John North" <jnorth@novagate.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:34:13 -0400
Trying to rebush the rear suspension, but the bolt securing the trailing arm
to the outer bracket is seized up in the sleeve, I'm guessing - it hardly
moves with a two foot breaker bar on it.   Can't reach it with a hammer to
persuade it some.    When I undo the bracket to the frame, there is not
enough clearance between the bolt and the body to pull the arm free from the
frame.   So I'm stuck.

I could hacksaw the bolt, but I'm betting this is a grade 8 bolt so that's
gonna be a two day job.   I've used a cutting torch before and I'm not sure
I want to do that in this confined space.

Any ideas out there?