Which Oil Do You Use Anyways?

To: im_sloane@hotmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Which Oil Do You Use Anyways?
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 01:51:56 -0400 (EDT)
A bottle of Lucas Oil Stabilizer, filling the rest of the sump with Castrol
20W50.  From a previous list discussion there are certainly some differing and
interesting opinions on the Lucas stuff.  What I noticed with the Lucas is that
my start-up oil pressure was restored 5-10 lbs to 80-85 lbs, what is was when I
bought the 6  7 years ago.  Snake oil? maybe.   It has a honey oil consistency
like STP, perhaps this is good for clinging to engine parts and preventing dry
start-ups.

A supposedly LBC knowledgable mechanc did an oil change shortly after I bought
the 6.  He used 5W30, saying it was good for all cars.   I soon changed it to
20W50 as I had lower oil pressure.  Haven't used him again.
Tried Mobil 1 15W50 synthetic, my oil pressure was the same as Castrol 20W50.

Bruce Simms