Re: Upgrades, + cam (Part 2)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Upgrades, + cam (Part 2)
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:40:33 -0400
If you take a stock TR6 cam and you increase the duration or lift and reduce
overlap, you would end up with an optimized supercharged camshaft that made
more power over a broader RPM range.  This is one of those wonderful times
in the automotive world where a few key changes allow you to have your cake
and eat it too.

Five years ago when I first became serious about forced induction, is when I
started formulating my ideas about camshafts and how camshaft
characteristics would have an impact on the blown motors.  At the same
period of time five years ago, I went to the best British Car cam shop I
know - Integral Cams - and got Steve's input on the matter.  The results of
our discussions, and of Steve's hard work and generally vast knowledge,
resulted in the groundwork that eventually became the Integral Cams TR6
Stage 1 Supercharged Cam.

I am as determined as ever to bring my own TR6 supercharger kit to market.
I cannot begin to tally up how much time has gone into the project, or how
much time is left.  But when you choose to design something yourself,
different from and better than all else on the market, there are a lot of
details that take quite a bit of sorting out.  For instance, I could never
have guessed that I would be trying to find fabrication shops that can
thermoform ABS plastic over foam molds in order to flow bench test different
models of plenum shapes for instance.

note: I apologize to anyone that receives this message twice, if indeed it
was delivered to some of you.  When I originally tried to send the reply,
with parts 1 and 2 as one message, I believe I exceeded the email size limit
allowed and the message was never posted to the list.

Kai (I am thoroughly obsessed with all things forced induction!)

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics