Re: gl-4 gear oil in usa pacific nw

To: "Peter Zaborski" <plz@shaw.ca>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gl-4 gear oil in usa pacific nw
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:49:40 -0400
> I'm going to be traveling in the Blaine WA area next week,
> possibly also Bellingham WA. Anyone know of any places in
> that area that I can get the Sta-Lube GL-4 oil? I think I might
> have got the previous one at Pep Boys but am not sure.

While I hate to even mutter this seven letter word, engine and gearbox oil
does happen to be the one item I purchase at this store.

Wal-Mart.

My local WalMarts carry StaLube brand gear oils, in GL4 specs in gallon
contaniers.  Along with a WalMart branded gear oil that is GL4 and is simply
repackaged StaLube (as the StaLube corporate address is printed on the back
of the container).

Now in order to counteract my endorsement of buying oil at WalMart, the only
way I can go to sleep tonight is by sharing this link that gives some
insight into the of ideology of the Walmart corporation.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke