Re: Brake Failure

To: Jerry Guyot <jguyot1@maine.rr.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Failure
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:32:38 -0700 (PDT)
Jerry,

FWIW, I attempted to rebuild mine & was very
frustrated when it worked for about a week before
leaking all over the place again.

Hey, it's about 30 bucks for a rebuild kit, but what
is your stopping power worth to you??

You can have it resleaved or just by new.  I don't
think you'll need a brake booster at this point, but
if you do...visit www.partcoautomotive.com  NFI.
There are many sellers of brake MCs...I went through
British Parts Northwest as I'm cheap & they seemed to
be the cheapest that I found.  Again, NFI

Good Luck,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO

--- Jerry Guyot <jguyot1@maine.rr.com> wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago I went for ride and as I was
> coming to a stop in a
> parking lot, my brake pedal went straight to the
> floor! Scary to say the
> least........ (I had noticed before that the brake
> reservoir was low, so a few
> days before I added fluid. Everything seemed to be
> OK.) When I got out &
> checked the reservoir, it was just about empty
> again! I had the car towed home
> and it was all wet under the master cylinder. I just
> went to check it out
> tonight & the brakes feel fine (Even though the
> master cyl is almost empty) It
> seems to be leaking where the master cyl attaches to
> the booster. My question
> is........ Should I just replace/rebuild just the
> master cyl or should I
> replace both the booster & the master cyl??
>
> Thanks for your help.........
>
> Jerry
> 71 TR6 CC58003L

Yahoo! Sports