trunk light switch & guages

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: trunk light switch & guages
From: Ian Breyer <ianbreyer@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:51:00 -0700 (PDT)
A few questions for the list:

1) Does anyone have a source for a trunk light switch.
I can't find one on TRF's web site and Moss says its
not available.

2) Is it possible to buy replacement parts for Smiths
guages? After mistakenly removing the glass from my
speedo and giving it a quick clean I was amazed how
much better it looks than the rest of them. The glass
is now clean but the gasket behind was completey beat.
I need to remove the dash for other reasons and figure
I can tackle this as well.

3) The above questions came to mind while replacing my
fuel sending unit. After removing the old sending
unit, fuel was discovered inside the float. I felt
confident that this was the cause of my fuel guage
always reading full...unfortunately the problem was
not solved. (Upon reflection I suppose that fuel in
the float would probably make it read empty all the
time.)

I just ordered a new voltage stabiliser. Comments
would be welcome. I am guessing if that doesn't solve
things next step would be the guage itself.

Thanks,
Ian B
72 TR6

Ian Breyer