Nylock nut grade?

To: 6Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nylock nut grade?
From: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:26:38 -0700 (PDT)
I'm just starting to put pieces back together on my newly PORed frame and am
considering replacement of the Nylock nuts that seem to be prevalent on just
about everything. From the bolt markings, it looks like a large number of the
bolts are Grade 5 but I could find no markings on the Nylock nuts. A search on
the internet came up blank for Grade 5 Nylocks although Grade 2s and 8s were
readily available. Are the Nylocks used on Triumphs simply Grade 2? Worst case
I could re-use the existing nuts with a dab of Locktite for security.

Thanks!
Ron W
71 TR6