Re: fuel tank shield?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel tank shield?
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:21:42 -0700 (PDT)
-snip-

Listers:

I received some creative ideas on installing a fire shield as well as two
opinions from well respected list regulars that  a) if I get hit that hard, the
spilled fuel will probably save money on my funeral cremation and b) the tank
is tucked in the safest possible place and that I should not worry.

However, one must also allow for the views of "certain other family members",
as in "If you don't put something there, I'm not riding in this thing!" While I
paused briefly (VERY briefly) to consider the upside ramifications of that
threat, it quickly became clear that I would be in for a cold, frosty Summer of
Discontent* in the matter of relations with She Who Must Be Obeyed*. Therefore,
seeing no discernable prospect for further pleading of my case, I have made
plans for an extra weekend project on the object commonly known as "That D-----
Car of Your's".

Jim

*Rumpole Ala Carte, John Mortimer - highly recommended for Anglophiles