Re: Improved engine front sealing block - Good Idea?

To: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Improved engine front sealing block - Good Idea?
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 22:20:20 -0400
I saw this part on ebay as well. I can only say after suffering with a
leak from this part for years & spending lots of time repairing this
soft, poorly machined design with Keenserts & sealant, I would easily
spend the money if it worked. I have not seen the item in person but can
say that the original material is inferior. There is a an early & later
improved part , but both are pretty bad. I was able to make the original
block  work with allot of  work & I have been bone dry for over a year
now but if I had the choice then  I'd have bought it in a heart beat, if
it's better. I hate leaks & there's nothing worse than finishing a
rebuild or repair only to have to crawl under the car & drop the oil pan
AGAIN.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.