RE: Looking for a Lighten Flyweel

To: "'bdhasl'" <hbdonna2@qwest.net>, "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Looking for a Lighten Flyweel
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 10:00:05 -0700
Bill Haslebacher wrote: I know that it has been discussed before but where
can I purchase a good lightened flywheel for my TR6?  I know that I have
seem them but cannot find it at this time.

Bill,

If you are looking for a LIGHTENED stock flywheel, why not just get yours
lightened?  Top End Performance (http://www.racetep.com/flywheel.html) and
others can do that.  The only caveat is that the stock flywheel is iron and
over-exhuberant lightening could lead to failure.  If you want a LIGHT
flywheel, TS Imported Auto (http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/), British
Parts NW (http://www.bpnorthwest.com/), and others sell aluminum and alloy
replacement flywheels that are much lighter than stock.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6