Re: TR6 Valve spring compressing method?

To: "Robert Liam Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Valve spring compressing method?
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 18:02:27 -0600
Robert,

I guess I wasn't clear but that's exactly what I want to do....reduce the
exhaust smoke as a result of worn valve guides without pulling the head.

Its a temporary fix I'll grant you but one I'm choosing at this point because
of time constraints.  I have new valve guides, springs, rocker shaft, et
cetera, but not the time right now to pull the head...that can wait until next
winter.

As far as the design issue I thought there were a number of people using seals
on their valves with no problems.  No?

Thanks
Bud

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)