Re: Konig Rewind Wheels (Pre Order)

To: "Theodore R. Stevens" <trstevens@earthlink.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Konig Rewind Wheels (Pre Order)
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:34:12 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I just got back to the US on Friday after being away unexpectantly for
almost two weeks and wanted to post info for those interested...

> >Has anyone on the list heard anything further about these
> > wheels?
> >
> >Rob

Konig put Rewind production on the back burner because they were increasing
production on their Tuner 2 and Unknown wheel styles.  These are popular
Honda/Toyota/VW wheels for the current import tuner scene and thus, the
Rewinds which are aimed at a much smaller market are being held back until
they can meet the demand for the Tuner2/Unknown.  That said, they keep
saying "just a few more weeks."

> What *I* want to know is when they're going to offer it in 16".

Probably not.  The Rewinds were specifically designed to fit 1980s Toyota
Corollas, and I bet a 16" wheel doesn't fit.  We just got lucky that the 15"
Corolla style happens to be the exact size and offset needed for TR6s and
the correct lug pattern (dimensionally the 15" Konig Rewind is dead on for
the 15x7" panasport).  Apparently the older Corollas are making a comeback
on the import scene... not to mention one of the guy's at Konig NY office
has a few older Corollas of his own.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke