Re: Good Mechanic in the Cleveland area

To: "6-pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Good Mechanic in the Cleveland area
From: "Pallones" <ppallones@core.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 21:35:34 -0400
Well,  I originally sent this message back on April 6th.  And tonight, I
finally got my 6 off the jack stands and tested my new front brakes.  I ended
up doing it myself - and it really wasn't too bad.   Rebuilt calipers, new
pipes/hoses, new rotors and pads.

After...

-  removal of stuck bolts
-  purchase of a compressor, impact wrench and sockets
-  purchase of 6-point box end wrench set
-  purchase of offset wrench set
-  cross threaded drivers side pipe (had to buy another one)
-  discovery that even if you're careful, but still slightly bend a rusted
pipe, they crack (went ahead and purchased both the right and left side pipes
from the "T" forward)
-  purchase of the mity-vac pump
-  advice received from this list, friends, Bentley and Haynes
-  and, purchase of a lot of brake fluid...

IT WORKS!

After slowly inching down the driveway, I pulled it out in the street, and
took it for a spin around the block (miss that straight 6 sound).  Still seems
alittle spongy - but I think I bled it pretty good.  I'll keep an eye on it.
And best of all - NO SQUEAKING (so far).

Thanks for all your help (e:mails, articles, etc).

Phil Pallone