Clunk, yet again...

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clunk, yet again...
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 07:40:26 -0400
Shannon,
        I have been having the same problem and have worked through all the
same things including a disassembly check of the differential.  Last week I
came to the conclusion that the only thing left was the spline on the
passenger side half shaft. It does have play, and I think Dick may be right,
that is it is the cause of the clunk. I think what lead me away from
considering it sooner was that it seems so beefy and has such a large
bearing area that one (at least me) would not think it could develop such
substantial play. I would, however eliminate the differential as a suspect
first.  My clunk definitely comes from the passenger side rear.
Bob Rochlin
'72 TR6