Re: Tach cable routing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tach cable routing
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 23:52:46 -0700
Jeff---The 31 inch tach cable will only seem "short" if the distributor
is clocked too far forward. If you set the distributor to where the cap
clips run more or less parallel with the engine, there will only be a
slight bend in this cable, as it passes close to the top of the fuel
pump.  Write back if repositioning the distributor drive is a problem.
(It has been discussed several times on this list)

The hole for the tach cable is behind the gas pedal, as you once had it.

Dick

Jeff wrote:
(6pack) Subject: tach cable routing
I have had a weird problem that has been bothering me for awhile. My
tach cable kept breaking on me and it always broke coming right out of
the distributor. It had a sharp bend and i kept replacing it following
the original path which goes through the firewall behind the gas pedal.
I almost bought the left handed (steering)version tach cable which is 50
some inches instead of the 31 inch for right handed TR's. I routed the
new cable (3rd one) up next to where speedometer cable goes through the
firewall now i have plenty of slack in tach cable and works fine.

My question is what is the hole in the firewall behind the gas pedal
used for?
Thanks,
Jeff
'75 Tr6