Subject: Replacement Seatbelts

To: mailkendall@sbcglobal.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: Replacement Seatbelts
From: MTRsix71@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 10:09:36 EDT
Kendall,
For shoulder strap safety, I purchased 2x of the Moss p/n 222-006, three
point, hook mount, retractable, plain buckle type in April 2003 for $99.95
each.
I wanted a vintage look (kept the hook mount) and decided not to get the ones
 with the stiff stalk. However, I had to drill a hole to mount the retractor.
 There are different views of where you can mount the retractor depending on
if  you want to block some of the rear shelf as stock (i.e. roll bar
installation  may be an issue with some models) or if you want to limit some of
the
seat  travel rearward by putting it at the bottom of the front face of wheel
arch.  Your 75.4 TR6 likely already has the retractor type. I chose block the
seats a  bit and keep the rear shelf free. My car already had the mounting bolt
at
the  top of the wheel arch but only came with OEM, hook mount lap belts. I
have  found the low placement of the retractor tends to make the belt drag
along
the  wheel arch and I have to help it retract fully. If it were on the rear
shelf  this would likely be less of an issue. One thing I do not like about my
belts is  sometimes when clicking the buckle together it does not engage fully
and pops  back out. I always yank on it a bit to make sure it is solid. There
may be a  slight alignment issue with the two locking tabs but I have not
looked further  into it.  A bonus to using the stiff stalk type is when you
lift
your seats  up for rear shelf access the stalks do not fall down under the
seat where you  have fish them back out before lowering the seats again.
Cheers!

Michael  Rankin
1971 TR6 CC 61212 L
Louisiana,  USA