Door switches

To: <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door switches
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 17:05:17 -0400
I've had good luck rebuilding the door switches after carefully cutting them
in half with a dermal cutter. Be careful where and how you cut them. The
drivers side door switch has a pair of brass strips running the length of
the switch, and if cut, the switch is almost impossible to repair.  I've
gotten both of my switches back in working order.
        I think it would be very hard to find a replacement for the drivers
side switch as it has both a grounded switch, and a power switch function.
You might be able to use a passenger side switch (available after market)
and fit it with a relay to get the drivers side switch functions.
Bob Rochlin
'72 TR6