Re: Removing Trunnions

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing Trunnions
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:33:41 -0400
There are no threads. Just the bolt through the bushing's steel sleeve.
Probably rusted to the bolt.

I would agree with Gene... Take it off the car. Take the A arms off the spring
pan. Buy new Trunions
etc, etc, etc. bean blast it all -- new bushings. Powder Coat it or POR-15
followed by Chassis Coat
Black.

On my TR250 there was a lot of corrosion in the lower A arm bolt islets. I bead
blasted them and put
a thin coat of POR-15 in them with an artist's brush. Not too much paint -- the
urethane bushings
won't fit.

Don Malling