RE: Goodparts (triple-Carbs)...

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, RazorBobSr@aol.com
Subject: RE: Goodparts (triple-Carbs)...
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 07:50:46 -0600
>===== Original Message From RazorBobSr@aol.com =====
>Anybody out there running the goodparts tri carb set up???
>
>Your messages not reaching the list?
>Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

I'm running that set up on my '72. However, I am having problems with it. With
the B1AF needles, I am having a rich running condition that I can't get rid
of. Especially just off idle in the acceleration section of the taper. The
poor selection of Stromberg needles and the vast selection of SU needles make
finding a suitable needle taper... difficult. AFAIK, I am the only one running
this tri-carb set up that is having this issue. If any one else is please
speak up now. Also AFAIK, I am the only one currently running a tri-carb set
up at over 5000 feet in altitude. As I usually head UP into the mountains and
canyons of Colorado to have my fun, the problem gets worse the higher I go.

I'm planning on reverting to a twin carb set up. I plan on eventually going to
Fuel Injection and instead of spending money on SU's or hours on the dyno
switching out needles, I think I'll just revert back to the twin carbs. I
don't expect a huge difference in power as the twin carb set up will be using
two HS-8's(2" SU's).

Richard has told me that he has never experienced this problem at the lower
altitudes. The workmanship is top notch on the manifold and the ram-air box.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79