RE: Aftermarket Steering Wheels

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Aftermarket Steering Wheels
From: "John Dombey" <JDombey@dotcast.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:31:09 -0700
Aaron,

I put a 14" Moto-Lita MarkIII (I think) wheel in my '69.  It's just a
bit smaller in diameter than the original (the '69 came with a
unique-to-the-year wheel - thin rim, drilled spokes, fairly large).
Using the available boss the dished version ends up too close to your
chest, so I went with the flat version.  There's a little more leg room
below the wheel, but I never had an issue with the original, so NBD.  I
was not terribly impressed by the woodwork - I'd say the materials they
use are probably not the very best, but I do like the riveted look.  The
metal finish is fine, although it's easy to scratch.  Overall I'm pretty
satisfied.  Installation was a breeze - the hardest part was removing
the old wheel boss - it had been on there for a long time!  I'll take a
look at home and see if I've got a picture of it - if I do I'll forward
it to you.

As always, standard disclaimers apply...

John Dombey
CC29532