Installing sterring column bushings

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Installing sterring column bushings
From: "Campsmith, Michael" <MGC4@CDC.GOV>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:10:03 -0500
Oh wise and knowing list--

Last night I removed the bushings inside my steering column--what a
PITA!!  Does anyone have any tips for installing the new bushings
without breaking/displacing the plastic innermost layer?  It looks like
I need to get a length of pipe with appropriate inner and outer
diameters, but if someone has a proven technique I would appreciate
hearing about it.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Campsmith
1974 TR6 still in half a million pieces--but at least it's painted!