Re: TR6 mpg

To: jmackd1@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 mpg
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:35:19 -0500
Hi,

After working the minor bugs out of the TBI set-up last fall the
computer chip for the car was changed for more performance, then
changed again for the same greater performance but with better gas
mileage.  With the original chip in the car on a 5 hour trip from
Stowe, Vermont back to Topsham, Maine the car was getting 29mpg.  This
included only twenty miles of highway driving and also included
climbing over the top of the White mountains of New Hampshire.  ( I
know, they arent the Rockies but it wasnt exactly flat either)  After
the latest chip was installed the car was only driven about 100 miles
around town before winter set in.  It wasnt sedate driving and the
mileage was about the same, about 29.7mpg.  I am curious to see what
the mileage will be for straight highway driving and of course that
will be awhile before I will be able to find out.  Especially since
there is another 12 to 18 inches of snow expected tonight and tomorrow.
  Can I come visit someone and drive their TR6?  I dont think I will be
able to drive mine until July.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron Cropley