Addco rear sway bar

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Addco rear sway bar
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:04:12 -0500
I'm using the Addco rear bar on my 250 and have a few suggestions.

1) I welded the smaller washer to the big washer before I fit them inside
each spring. This keeps the mounting bolt from sliding around and makes the
assembly a bit stiffer.

2) The sides of the large washers were filed so that they sit flat on
trailing arm inside the spring. If you don't file, the washer will rock.

3) I welded a steel plate (1/4" I think) on the underside of the frame where
the bar u-bolts connect. Originally, I did not reinforce the frame and the
bolts began to pull through the (thin) steel frame. I didn't wait for them
to pull out completely, but I'm sure that they would have done just that.

Good luck with the instructions. The original in my box looked just like the
pdf, hard to read and follow.

Write if you want pics. It's cold and snowing, but I wouldn't mind an excuse
to visit the old girl.

Peter
'68 TR250