Re: Racing wheels

To: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>,
Subject: Re: Racing wheels
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:56:04 -0500
Shawn and others,

Yes, Konig will be introducing a 15x7 wheel.  Konig made about 50 sets in
January and Konig are all sold out... for now.

A Konig rep showed me a wheel in mid-Jan and they are very nice, light and a
good bit cheaper than Panasports.

I have five sets on order, expecting delivery sometime in April.  The price
will be about $140 per wheel.... we'll see how long that stands, the price
has changed three times ($155/ea -> $125/ea -> $140/ea) since I got the
initial price list in my hand in Jan.  Wheels come with center caps, but no
lug nuts from the distributor.  The wheel sets I sell will have lug nuts
included, hopefully without any effect on price.

Colors will be charcoal or plain silver finish (like Panasport), both colors
will have a polished outer rim as standard.

The 15x7 KRs, Konig Rewinds, will ONLY be available in 0 offset... which
means that they will fit only the big TRs.  No MGs, no Healeys, no Spits or
GT6s.  14x7s will be available in a -9mm offset, which again seems pretty
useless for any British sports car.

After seeing one in the flesh, I must say they are pretty nice wheels and a
nice take on the original Minilite design.  The first set of five I get in
will be going on my TR6.

Cheers,

Kai

--