RE: exhaust straps

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: exhaust straps
From: "Gary R." <techpartners@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:49:25 -0500
When I installed a complete Falcon exhaust I put in new hangers. What I
noticed (after removing the CRAP the PO had hacked in) was that the front
muffler hanger rubber strap was too short and it pulled the muffler up,
causing the tail pipes to exit at a slight angle and the muffler was angled
also. A simple fix (which I never got to before selling the car) is to go to
NAPA and get a longer piece of rubber and just replace the rubber part.

A piece of conveyor belt works great also if you happen to have access to
that sort of thing..

Gary