listing the tub with an engine hoist

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: listing the tub with an engine hoist
From: "Mike D'Ambrogia" <miked@jamagination.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:11:22 -0800
I'm ready to get the tub up in the air.  I finally broke down and bought
an engine hoist yesterday to help with all the heavy lifting I have
going on lately.  The plan is to install some eye bolts in afew spots in
the interior of the tub and then attaching some rope to create a sling
that I can use with the hoist to lift the tub up in the air.

But I'm wondering about flexing the body while lifting it.  Right now I
have the doors on the tub, will those be strong enough to keep the tub
from bending while in the air ?  or do I want to remove the doors and
install metal bracing in the door frame?  the goal is to get the frame
up high enough to roll the chassis in and out under it while the tub
rests on a wide sawhorse setup about 3-4' tall above the frame.

input appreciated

Mike