De Vilbiss/ Air compressor

To: LaJoMor@aol.com
Subject: De Vilbiss/ Air compressor
From: jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:31:08 -0500
Hey Larry,

I am not surprised by the lawsuit about performance claims. Every time I go
into the Sears store I am tempted with their  black two stage job on
wheels(~$499), but always walk away thinking that it will not do the job.
My reservations are based on their wacky (numbered) rating system where it
tells you on the compressor which job each one performs.  I would expect
that the two stage professional model (rated 9, I think) would be the end
all,  but their ratings indicate that it is not capable of handling jobs
that their other single stage models perform.

Which Sears compressor did you buy and does it  perform to the touted
specs?  I need a beefy portable that I can spray,sandblast and use air
tools, without a beefy price tag.  How's yours?

Jim

End of 6 Pack Digest V1 #1463