RE: Storing a project car in cold weather.

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, "6-Pack"
Subject: RE: Storing a project car in cold weather.
From: "Chris Foster" <cfoster@eppcon.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 10:39:46 -0500
Hi Don,

By no means am I an expert, however, my suggestion would be to remove
the thermostat housing and pour a proper mix of coolant in at that
point...  Perhaps the best would be to mix to coolant inside at room
temp to ensure it is warm and flows nicely melting any slush that has
stuck inside the block.  Either way, I would expect that leaving the
block full of coolant would be the best way of preventing any rust
causing condensation inside the coolant passages.  If you're really not
worried about the rad, cap the lower rad hose outlet and simply leave
the block full.

Just my 2 cents... and again, I'm no expert :)
c.

'76 TR6 - CF53954U
'76 Spitfire -  FM47622U