RE: Rubber valve cover gasket

To: "michael lunsford" <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Rubber valve cover gasket
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:38:25 -0800
        Mike:

        I have had great success using a little blue Hylomar on the
gasket surface before installing the valve cover. I was ready to tear my
hair out trying to fix the seepage from the valve cover.
        Just wipe the head to remove any excess oil, and smear a thin
film of Hylomar on the head before installing the valve cover. It never
sets so the valve cover releases very nicely, and it is easily renewed.
Available at any auto parts store.

        Vance
Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)