oil cooler thermostat

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: oil cooler thermostat
From: "Campsmith, Michael" <MGC4@CDC.GOV>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:52:02 -0500
Group--

All the traffic lately regarding spin-on oil filter housings (I'm a
happy 15+ year user) reminds me that I'm going to install an oil cooler
once my body and frame are re-assembled.

I live in Atlanta and run a 1974 TR6 with a modified engine--electronic
ignition, headers, uprated cam--and enjoy spirited driving on occasion.
I previously bought a spin-on housing, cooler and stainless lines, but
don't have a thermostat for the oil system.

What are the thoughts regarding the need for a thermostat for your oil
cooler system?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Campsmith
1974 TR6 (hoping for a TR6 back in my garage by Christmas)