RE: brake servo or booster rebuild

To: <Footfrek@aol.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: brake servo or booster rebuild
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:17:18 -0700
        Jason:

        Wow. Good price. Moss wants $420 for a new one, and I just
bought a rebuilt one from
British Auto Works for $160 (no core charge). The best deal British Auto
Works could get me was
$125 for a rebuild if I supplied the rebuild kit and the core.
        My servo still works, but there is a lot of pedal travel before
the brakes engage. The DPO
had a master cylinder failure (missing paint on fire wall and on the
servo) and I suspect that
the servo was damaged or weakened. Since brakes are a handy thing to
have (I don't like doing the
Fred Flintstone thing - yabba-dabba-doo!) I popped for a rebuild.

        Cheers,

        Vance
Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)